ICARDA works closely with national agricultural research systems and government ministries. Over the years the Center has built a network of strong partnerships with national, regional and international institutions, universities, non-governmental organizations and ministries in the developing world and in industrialized countries with advanced research institutes.
ICARDA is also a member of the CGIAR Consortium, an agricultural research partnership of 15 independent, non-profit Research Centers and their partners who, together, tackle the complex cross-cutting issues in agricultural development with collaborative research across the globe to contribute to:
- Less rural poverty;
- Better food security;
- Better nutrition and health; and
- Sustainably managed resources.
ICARDA leads the CGIAR Global Research Program on Dryland Systems.
ICARDA is also an active partner in the following global CGIAR research programs
- CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets
- CGIAR Research Program on Wheat
- CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes
- CGIAR Research Program on Dryland Cereals
- CGIAR Research Program on Livestock and Fish
- CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health
- CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems
- CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security
- CGIAR Research Program for Managing and Sustaining Crop Collections.