RAIN-WANA has delivered to its partners a fully-integrated information and knowledge management platform for libraries and research centers.
Objectives of RAIN-WANA are to:
- Provide a fully-integrated and sustainable information repository, tailored to the needs of partners involved in agricultural research for development in the WANA region
- Develop a regional community of practice on practical information exchange for participating organizations to share experiences
- Provide capacity strengthening to partners, including training to national institutions on all aspects of information and knowledge management, including the provision of information system tools and technologies
- Develop a national group of specialists that can manage the system, linking content and services to existing information systems
- Support national policies and strategies for agricultural information management and dissemination