Raising capacity and strengthening partnerships
A strategic aim of the initiative is to equip producers with the skills and knowledge needed to improve feed and forage production over the long-term.
Capacity strengthening initiatives have included:
- Practical operation, adjustment and maintenance of seed processing plants
- Silage and feed block production
- Business plan development – helping entrepreneurs to identify the most beneficial composition of feed blocks during different periods of the year and the availability of agro-industrial byproducts
- Forage production - knowledge transfer to farmers to optimize the productivity and sustainability of forage production, with a particular focus on locally-adapted legumes and grass-legume mixtures
- The development and prroper management of Innovation Platforms.
The initiative is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Other partners include:
- Institution de la Recherche et de l’Enseignement Supérieur Agricole (IRESA).
- Office de l’Elevage et des Pâturages (OEP)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Agence de la Promotion des Investissements Agricoles (APIA)
- Institut National Agronomique de Tunisie (INAT)
- Projet GIZ/APIA Innovation pour l’agriculture et l’Agro-alimentaire (IAAA)