If you are a decision maker responsible for agricultural research, policy or extension in a low or middle-income country, ICARDA’s expertise, tools and technologies are available to you.
If you are a development agency supporting countries to improve the effectiveness of their food production systems, these technologies will increase the impact of your investments and rural development programs.
ICARDA and its partners have developed a range of technologies to improve farm productivity, incomes and livelihoods; and new tools to improve research targeting and efficiency.
These technologies have been developed together with national partners in many areas countries. They are now ready for ‘scaling-up’ in dry areas and fragile ecosystems.
Each of these technologies and tools is designed for smallholder farming systems: low cost, easy to implement, and relevant to local needs. Each has been extensively tested and proven in developing-country environments.
Policy and strategy approaches for countries
See also the Research to Action area of this website for approaches, evidence and examples of what other countries are doing to craft policies and strategies to support these technologies.
More technologies and practices will be progressively added to this area as they are ready and as trials are completed.
New tools and technologies
- Proven, science-based approaches to improve productivity and income in dry areas
- Designed for resource-poor small-scale farmers and livestock keepers
- Created and tested in partnership with national research centers in multiple countries
- Freely available for wider use
- ICARDA scientists can provide advice, technical support, and links to other experts