Digital libraries, repositories, and documents
This course covers the processes relevant to the creation and management of digital libraries and repositories, including digital file formats, metadata management, database management.
Duration: 24 hours
For the online version of this course it is necessary to have the Adobe Flash player installed and enabled in your browser. Please be aware that the course is not supported by iOS (iPad or iPhone).
This course is targeted to individuals involved in the management and dissemination of documents: library managers, publication officers, communication specialists, archivists, information specialists, system managers, content developers and general management.
You will learn about:
- Importance of digital libraries and repositories
- Processes and tools for setting up digital libraries and repositories
- Intellectual property rights and approaches required with different legal systems
- Electronic formats for pictures and documents
- Digitization process and database management systems
- Making content visible and accessible through websites, search engines and social media.
To access the course visit: https://elearning.fao.org/#/elc/en/course/H