Global Forum on Innovations for Marginal Environments
Organized by the International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA) in collaboration with the Food Security Office and the Advanced Sciences Office of the UAE Government, the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD), and the Khalifa International Award for Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation, the Global Forum on Innovations for Marginal Environments (GFIME) will bring together a select global audience of 250 influential policymakers, decision-makers, scientists and experts who are at the forefront of reshaping agriculture and food production for tomorrow.
GFIME will facilitate dialogue across the entire agriculture value chain between policymakers, decision-makers, donor and development agencies, scientists and experts, and agribusinesses.
- Increase understanding of scale and impact of abiotic stresses in marginal environments
- Discover successful strategies tackling the challenges of adapting to harsh environmental conditions through policies, projects and real world case studies
- Develop partnerships, incubate projects and launch initiatives to innovate operations at the local, regional and international level
- Accurately forecast future climate change scenarios
- Harness the latest technology enabling innovation in marginal environments
- Inernational Center for Biosaline Agriculture
- Food Security Office, UAE
- Islamic Development Bank
- Environment Agency - Abu Dhabi
- Khalifa International Award for Date Palm and Agricultural Innovation