FSD7 - 7th Farming System Design Webinars
To foster and engage young researchers to design innovative future agri-food systems for a variety of dryland farming contexts, ICARDA, CIHEAM-IAMM, FAO and IRESA-Tunisia have organized a four-part Farming System Design (FSD7) Webinar series on Capacity Development in Systems Research for the Transformation of Agri-Food Systems to achieve Sustainable Development Goals under climate change.
The webinars form a part of the FSD7 International Course for design and assessment of rainfed farming systems in the Middle East and North Africa region, which will be held in Tunis in March 2021.The focus of the webinars is the transformation of agri-food systems in dry regions:
- Webinar 1: (22 March 2021) Systemic transformation of the agri-food systems under climate, water, and planetary constraints: an insight into the opportunities and pathways for transformation and implementation.
- Chaired by Jacques Wery (ICARDA) and Rabi Mohtar (AUB, Lebanon)
- Webinar 2: (23 March 2021) Designing climate smart and resilient cereal-livestock based farming systems for food and nutrition security in the drylands of Africa and Asia.
- Chaired by Zvi Hochman (CSIRO, Australia) and Lamiae Ghaouti (IAV Hassan II, Morocco)
- Webinar 3: (24 March 2021) Multi-scale and multi-criteria trade-off analysis in the SDG1-SDG2 nexus, to co-design sustainable and healthy agri-food systems and to inform policies.
- Chaired by Hatem Belhouchette (CIHEAM Montpellier, France) and Pytrik Reidsma (Wageningen University and Research, The Netherlands)
- Webinar 4: (25 March 2021) Accelerating and amplifying systemic transformation of agri-food systems with digitalization of research and advisory services to family farmers and decision makers.
- Chaired by Ram Dhulipala (ICRISAT, India), Thouraya Souissi (IRESA, Tunisia) and Bruno Gerard (CIMMYT, Mexico)