International Forum on Innovation in Agriculture and Food Systems
FAO along with the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in partnership with other International Organizations, are organizing the forum to discuss innovative approaches, investments and technological tools and resources to tackle the challenges facing the agriculture sector in the Near East and North Africa regions and beyond.
The forum will provide inspiration for practitioners, entrepreneurs and decision-makers and will celebrate inspiring success stories of innovators, acting as catalyst for boosting partnerships and investments to foster and scale up agri-food systems innovation.
- Serve as a global knowledge and partnership platform to understand the potential of innovation in agriculture to address the SDGs.
- Increase understanding of the drivers of innovation and the main constraints;
- Propose processes, pathways and interventions needed to unlock the potential of innovation in agriculture and scaling up inclusive innovations;
- Create an enabling environment for youth to find innovative solutions for transforming agriculture in the region;
- Act as a catalyst for boosting partnerships as well as public and private investments to foster and scale up agricultural innovation.