IPCC Special Report on Climate Change and Land
|IPCC #SRCCL accepted by the Panel
#IPCC will present the Special report to the world
Thurs. Aug. 8 at 10:00 Geneva time.
8 August 2019. The IPCC , the world body for assessing the state of scientific knowledge related to climate change, its impacts and potential future risks, and possible response options, saw the Summary for Policymakers of the Special Report on Climate Change and Land (SRCCL) approved by the world’s governments on Wednesday 07/08 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The approved Summary for Policymakers was presented 08/08 at a live-streamed press conference at 10 a.m. CEST at the World Meteorological Organization. It could also be followed remotely at the IPCC Facebook Page. A high quality video is available on UNWEBTV.
It will be a key scientific input into forthcoming climate and environment negotiations, such as the Conference of the Parties of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (COP14) in New Delhi , India in September and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change Conference (COP25) in Santiago, Chile , in December.
2 – 6 August 2019. Geneva, Switzerland. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Fifty plenary session IPCC 50. The IPCC discussed the report on Climate Change and Land: an IPCC special report on climate change, desertification, land degradation, sustainable land management, food security, and greenhouse gas fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems (SRCCL).
- greenhouse gas fluxes related to land;
- interactions between climate change and desertification, land degradation and food security;
- land-related impacts and risks; response options that help adapt to climate change;
- response options that reduce land related emissions or enhance the take-up of carbon by land systems;
- and links to sustainable development more broadly.