Monitoring Evaluation and Learning, Data Management and Geo-informatics Option by Context
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Management and Geo-informatics Option by Context (GEOC) Learning Week tookk place in Tunisia 1-7 November 2019. The Learning seminars was led by the MEL Team and RALS Program.
The specific objectives were to:
- Conduct joint/participatory curation of datasets from Tunisia. This will use the datasets uploaded to MEL as a basis and also include data on Sustainable Land Management (SLMs) Technologies and others recorded by the IFAD funded project on “Use of Conservation Agriculture in Crop-Livestock Systems (CLCA) in the Drylands for Enhanced Water Use and Soil Fertility in NEN and LAC Countries” project and others. At the end of each curation session a Communications Specialist/Officer shall collect information on the history of data collection and the process and generate a knowledge product.
- Improve the usuability of GEOC tool and its support to the WOCAT community globally and in Tunisia.
- Demonstrate MEL and GEOC to the Institution de Recherche et de l'Enseignement Supérieur Agricoles (IRESA) for joint discussion on M&E Framework and approaches.
- Obtain feedback from trainees of an Training by the Geoformatics Unit on mobile data collection using Open Data Kit (ODK);
- Conduct training on mobile data collection for participants drawn from CLCA project and CRP Livestock.
All the materials related to the training are available at the following links:
- Introduction to mobile data collection (English): https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11766/10373
- Introduction to mobile data collection (French): https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11766/10374
- Introduction to open data kit (ODK) (French): https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11766/10372
- Demo questionnaire for ODK training (English, French): https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11766/10369
- Introduction to XLS forms for ODK questionnaire development (French): https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11766/10371
- Demo XLS form (English, French, Arabic): https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11766/10370
- Questionnaire for post-training programming on ODK (English): https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11766/10361